Friday, September 5, 2014

Serendipity Before and afters

When the friend of a friend recommended me to redo a kitchen I was happy for the referral. When I arrived at the house and met the client I didn't remember meeting her before. When I saw her existing kitchen it all came back to me ! My God, this was the first professional kitchen remodel I had ever done, 25 years ago. Serendipity, was there ever a more expressive term.
      What we did in the new kitchen was to remove as much wall between the dining room and kitchen as we could. This opened up the house and now when you walk into dining room your vista is open to kitchen and back yard. Where before they had a small sitting area now they have a lovely large island. Where before they had a downdraft now we have a fabulous hood.  Bellmont "Index" 1600 cabinets in Alder Sienna. David Cattarusa: contractor. Jeff Kotun:, cabinet install. Sullivans: countertops. Christie Jones: paint colors and lighting fixtures. Fireclay tile.
BEFORE seating are

BEFORE  range behind half wall

BEFORE  sink area

BEFORE not enough countertop space

BEFORE  prep area

AFTER  range and hood against the wall

AFTER lots of counter space

AFTER  large island with seating

AFTER  good work triangle

AFTER  comfy seating at island, home file to the left.

AFTER  clean design

No comments:

Post a Comment